Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Filming Fun

Screen cap one (color corrected)
            I filmed everything on Sunday and, in retrospect, it went pretty well! Kiara came over around twelve and we were finished by four. The first hour we spent going over her monologue, and the last three we spent filming and snacking.
           Blocking ahead of time really did help the filming process go by smoothly, as well as story boarding. Not every shot came out how I envisioned, so there were some deviations from the story boards, but the only major obstacles I encountered were sound related. Sometimes planes would pass by or my mom would let the sink run, but all we had to do was wait it out.
Screen cap two (color corrected)
Screen cap three (color corrected)
            Overall, I'm content with my footage. I decided to film it on my camera's "cloudy" mode, which emphasizes warmer tones. In post production, I plan on further enhancing the film's warmth through color correction. 
           I'm really excited to edit. It's truly my favorite part of the whole process- watching snippets turn to scenes and come to life. Really, I'm only nervous about finding the right song. I continually find myself backtracking on my choices, unsatisfied with the music I've decided on. Luckily, Free Music Archive has many (many, many) options for me to sift through. I will keep you updated!

Until next time!
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment