Saturday, April 2, 2016

Storyboards!!

story board 2
story board 1
            As I've already mentioned a bunch of times, I want to initiate the opening with a midshot of Kiara staring into the camera and saying "Hey, you!"  The viewer will most likely mistake this for her breaking the fourth wall and that feeling of confrontation will be further reinforced by a crash zoom. I've also decided to incorporate a crash zoom because it's a common technique used in action films. I want to film a lot of the opening with the same intensity of an action movie, the way the character would imagine it.
           I then wish to interrupt the zoom with a montage of Kiara putting music on to provide background as to why music is playing. I also like the way the shot of her pressing "play" is similar to pressing play before watching a movie. In Kiara's mind, she's getting into character and acting out her own film.
            I then want to return to Kiara in close up, saying things like "You shouldn't be here." Once she starts to break character, though, by shaking it out or sighing, I want to cut to a shot of her in profile. The moments she is not head on and facing the camera are the moments I wish to emphasize that she is really only playing "dress up" in front of the mirror, putting on this blend-of-every-action-hero-she's-ever-been-exposed-to persona. 
           The rest of my shot/ angle choices I will explain/ justify in my director's commentary, but for now, here are my storyboards! 


story board 3
story board 4
story board 5
story board 6 (last one)
     
Until next time!
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment