Friday, March 25, 2016

Planning & Preparation

               A lot of progress has been made over the last couple of days and I edited it all into a video! 


                  On Wednesday I invited Kiara over and she helped me set up the set, as well as location scout, which was all too kind of her! Set design is something I haven't focussed on too much in past projects, as I usually end up filming in locations I don't have any control over, like school or the outdoors. However, in my opening set design is necessary to create meaning and reinforce my character's quirks.
                 I decided to keep most of my art prints up, as to avoid empty space on the walls, and to also put up a variety of film posters, for reasons mentioned in previous posts. I mainly focussed on filling up my room so that when I'm filming all shots will be interesting and rich. 
                Moreover, Kiara and I went location scouting for some cool mail-rooms and settled on the neighborhood over's outdoor mail area. There was an open locker, which was perfect for us, but I've since cut the mail scene (as of today). I decided that it would be better to end the opening with her stopping the player on her own, as if completing her routine. Cutting the mail scene also cleared up all of my time concerns. 
               Thursday we worked on Kiara's character, and I showed her some examples of what I was going for. We also figured out blocking and costume design! Overall, having a second opinion was extremely helpful to the whole process.

Until next time!
CS

PS: I got a new camera! Bye, bye, camcorder!

No comments:

Post a Comment