Thursday, March 31, 2016

Music and General Updates

test footage
         Music can truly transform a scene. Although I've already "decided" on a song for my opening, I'm starting to like my choice less and less as time goes on. I want my song to equate a theme song in that it propels my character's transformation forward. However, CSC's "Little Business" seems more appropriate for a training montage than my opening. Over these past couple of days I've been trying to piece together a skeleton of what I envision for my opening with test footage. Alongside "Little Business" though, the footage came across as laughable. Even though I wish to incorporate comedic elements in my opening, I don't want to spoon feed jokes to the viewer. I would rather imply the film's humor by highlighting the ridiculousness of its protagonist, similar to dark comedies.
test footage
          That being said, I am actively searching for a better match for my film opening! Free Music Archive is really a handy-dandy site, and my favorite song so far is "1000 Tears" by Dengue Fever
           Furthermore, as I'm in the process of revising my opening's monologue, this video full of one-liners from films like Dirty Harry (1971), Independence Day (1996), and Die Hard (1988), has definitely sparked quite a bit of inspiration for me, and I thought it important to document that!


Until next time!
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment